The topics of the contest will be wide and on current issues which have a direct
or indirect impact on the society. Issues of the recent past would be highlighted
significantly. The topics are included those on
- BPOs in India can be categorised as another form of brain drain – discuss.
- Role of Comptroller and Auditor General in Reducing Corruption in public life.
- Boom in Old age home/retirement homes: is it good for our society?
- Should family planning be forced on to Indians?
- Women CEOs are less. Are they not competent or is the society the reason?
- 350 + Engineering Colleges in TN: Yet Industry Complains on Poor quality of Engineers.
- Jan Lokpal Bill –is it the only answer for anti-corruption?
- 24 hrs news channel- is it breaking news or recycled news?
- Fame and privacy don’t go together – is it true?
- Is animal testing necessary?
- Should Mercy Killing be made legal?
- Increasing R & D in universities to make India an Innovation Capital?
- Are Universities passports to jobs in India?
- Is studying abroad bane or boon?
- Indian IT Industry: From Services / Body Shopping to Product Development.
- Well groomed kid: credit goes to kid or parent or teacher?
- Should children be taught sex education in schools?
- IPL: Has it ended the Gentleman’s game?
- Was Peace Prize to Obama too early?
- China: Does it have Peaceful Intentions about India?
- Emails, Tweets, SMS: Death of Language / communication skills?
- Internet usage: addiction or information highway?
- Right to recall elected representatives: feasible in India?
- Impact of plastics on environment
- Impact of Introduction of Right to Education Act
- Mobile phone etiquette – is it there in India?
- Is education the single most important factor in the development of a country
- Has Information Technology made the humans use their thinking ability lesser?
- Nuclear Plants Safety versus Energy Crisis in India?
- Organ donation - a measure to save lives?